Thursday, November 08, 2012

The I'm tired of knitting on this project blues.

Because this is a knitting blog most of it's content is about knitting.

I love to knit, I'm not sure why I like it so much but I always have. From the first time I was handed knitting needles and yarn, it felt familiar and sort of wonderful. I love the repetition of it I find it very relaxing and being able to create is very satisfying. I often knit just for the sake of knitting.
.
One of the more enjoyable parts of knitting for me is starting a new project. Casting on stitches seeing how a new technique or color or texture are developing. I mentally divide a project into quarters, first quarter is really exciting seeing this new project take shape and the next thing I know I'm half way to finishing. Then about 3/4 of the way to the end of the project it all kind of slows down to will this ever end?

At that point I often get tempted to start something new and put the 3/4 finished project on a time out. Most of the time somehow I do manage to finish projects in spite of myself. Well I'm at that point with several projects on needles. Because of my hand problem switching projects seems to help.

I've had my eye on this very popular pattern "Wingspan" for a while and ran across some Noro yarn I had in my stash ...... of course I had to cast on ..... a new project is started. The pattern is rather simple but a bit confusing at the beginning but once you read all the extra instructions on Ravelry.com it's easy peasy. Short rows no wrapping, no picking up wraps or yarn overs, just turn slip the first stitch purl wise with the yarn in the back and keep going.

I'm getting ready to teach a class on "Shortcuts to Shortrows" so this project fits right into that class.

I'm running into a problem. Silly me I did not really look close at what yarn I had. It's Noro Silk Garden Sock yarn and I have 3 balls of it but I just noticed that they are all different color ways! Eeeks what to do? I have an idea.

If it works I will share it here. Here is a clue....



No comments: