Tuesday, November 06, 2012

Oops I've done it again....

I've knit too much and my right thumb is rebelling! I've done this before and it's ever so annoying. I really got excited with my "knit one Below" project and knit, knit, knit.... the next thing I knew is this sharp familiar pain in my right thumb. I've done this before and the only cure is to stop knitting for a while. Oh but I love knitting...



This is how far I got on my Knit One Below project. It is turning out really nice and I would like to get back to it soon. My thumb HURTS! 

The felted wool cuff seems to help. So I decided to decorate it with beads. It's not quite knitting but I enjoy adding beads too and it makes it sparkle! And I do love a bit of sparkle and color. 



Then over the weekend I went to a Fiber event, I just had to have this watermelon sock kit. Now I have to knit it. Yet another project added to my list.


I also bought a $2.00 Kumihimo disk and discovered that I had a large stash of Soutache, yippie I'm Kumihimo braiding. Surprisingly it is dead simple to do and makes an attractive braid. What I'm going to make I do not know yet but I know how to do it. And it's giving me a little break from knitting.












Great fun was had by all.





2 comments:

Ellen Bloom said...

Thanks for posting all of the Fiber Fest photos, Ana! Sorry I missed it this year. Sorry to hear about your aching knit-thumb! Time to crochet!

Ana Petrova said...

The fiber fest was almost exactly the same as last year, and I'm sure it will be about the same next year. I got lucky and only walked out with 2 skeins of sock yarn.