Saturday, November 22, 2008

Addicted to sock knitting

One of the advantages of being a sock knitter is the huge collection of socks I've knit for myself. Yes I knit for myself and do not apologize. Besides some charity knitting I knit almost exclusively for myself. That is just the way it is and it works for me. My family does not like hand made socks or sweaters I've tried and they just do not wear them so why make more?

I wear almost everything I make for myself and the socks are my favorite. I now have so many pairs knitted that I only do "sock washing" about once a month. I wash them all at the same time and wear a new pair almost every day (weather permitting).

Then there are all the sock related travels I love, the next one I'm looking at is the Sock Summit 2009 will be August 6-9th at the Oregon Convention Center, Portland, Oregon.

There is not that much information on the web site but it sounds like a lot of fun to me.

Come one! Come all!
To the Greatest Sock Knitting Show on Earth.
Step right this way where you will find:

  • Your favorite teachers, designers and knit stars
  • A marketplace filled to the brim with sock yarn and supplies
  • Live podcasts
  • Creative and inspiring exhibits
  • A sheep-to-sock contest
  • “The Parade of Socks” fashion show
  • Sock Hop in the Sunken Ballroom of the Portland Art Museum
  • And so much more …
  • Sock knitting history in the making!

1 comment:

Ellen Bloom said...

The Sock Summit 2009 does sound like fun. One of these days, I'll put down my crochet hook and knit up some socks!

Sorry I flaked on the Fairview Knitters today. I stayed too long in the Valley and then had to rush to make it to our evening destination!

See you soon!