Tuesday, February 07, 2012

Swing Knitting


What is Swing Knitting? It's new to me, but of course there is nothing new in knitting but I've never seen this technique before. I just got back from Phoenix from TNNA (The National Needle Arts Association) a trade show for fiber and yarn etc. I think they are missing an A in their acronym but maybe I'm being a bit picky.

The Skacel booth offered a "mini class" in this technique. Brigitte Elliott was teaching it and Skacel very generously gave us an Addi Turbo Lace needle (beautiful to knit with), yarn & pattern to knit a little hat.

Here is what it supposed to look like and below is my version. But a wonderfully fun knit either if you follow the exact pattern or swing on your own as a free form project.



Here is the wonderful project Brigitte knit with Kauni yarn. The colors and the dance was wonderful!

And of course I'm trying to master this and adapt it to my style and here is my little "wrist cuff" I designed.

ps.
I very carefully wrote down this pattern and will publish it I promise.

5 comments:

Brigitte Elliott said...

Ana! It was so nice to meet you in Phoenix. Your hat is lovely and I really like how you adapted the swing knitting style to your wrist warmers. Bravo! The "Playground Shawl" in multi colors and black is designed by Heidrun Liegman-Halama. She is an amazing designer and knitter. More so, she is an amazing woman and friend. Wishing you good health and abundant joy until we meet again, Brigitte Elliott

Unknown said...

Where can we find the patterns for the posted pictures? They're exciting and I'd like to try them

Unknown said...

Where can I find these patterns. I'd love to try my hand at the shawl and the had.

Thank you
kathy

Unknown said...

Where can I find these patterns? I'd love to try the hat and the shawl

Kathy

sjYarner said...

did the pattern get published? my browser doesn't show it.
would love to knit like this.