Wednesday, June 13, 2007

I have not blogged

But I've been knitting and touching yarn...... My life has been so terribly occupied with "life" that I just have not had time to blog. I miss writing about my knitting and showing off....


The yarn is a huge wool spool of wool boucle I got at Stitches From the Heart! It kind of looked scary and nobody wanted it so I got a really good price so I knitted this Sweater/Shawl sort of swing coat.

I knitted it on my machine and I designed it by the "seat of my pants" just started knitting and this is what evolved. It's a bit warm to wear right now but I know I'll get lots of wear out of it come this winter.

Maybe I could move to a colder climate so I can wear all these wool sweaters and socks I've been making. Hmmm.... but I digress....

Next ..... from some of the stash I bought in Canada. This is Fleece Artist "dreadlocks" poncho or at least my version actually it's more like a shawl. Size 17 needles knitted up in two days. 78% Kid Mohair, 13% Wool, 9% nylon 250 gm. skein.

Fleece Artist is my new favorite label I think the colorway of this shawl is appropriately called "Seas Storm". Well I was knitting on the high seas....

I basically started with 3 sts and just increased one stitch at the beginning of each row. Voila!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I miss your blogging and showing off too! You're so creative.

Laura said...

I did too! Ana, I tagged you with a meme to list your 7 favorite things to wear. Please do because I think you have a very interesting wardrobe of beautiful handcrafted knits and other goodies I'm sure!

Ana Petrova said...

Thanks Frank! I think you are pretty creative too!

Laura, I'm not sure about the "tagging" going on I don't think I could not possibly have 100 things about myself that I would sit and type up. Maybe after I retire but right now no time for that.

As far as 7 favorite things to wear, I am a creature of habit and I do have my "uniform" of the season and it changes. Unfortunately it depends on my weight. I do wear most all of the things I knit for myself. I will try and post about them.

Happy Knitting