Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Indiana Jones actress: " went to go knit"

Karen Allen Fiber Arts
Handmade Cashmere Clothing

from the Los Angeles Times:
Did she quit Hollywood or did Hollywood quit her? We mean, after 1981's "Raiders of the Lost Ark," and that nakedly classical opening salvo: "Indiana Jones. I always knew someday you'd come walking back through my door." There was, less remembered now, 1984's "Starman," in which she played another loner tough girl -- this one visited by an outer-space creature (Jeff Bridges).

But at some point she went to go knit in the Berkshire Mountains.

2 comments:

Ellen Bloom said...

I remember reading about her company a few years ago! Good for her. She's an excellent designer. Wish I could afford her sweaters!

jessie said...

Her shop is a five minute walk from my stepmother's house, but I'm afraid between my teen obsession with the first Raiders and all that yarn, I might pass out if I met her.