Monday, January 12, 2009

A pictorial to the Rose Bowl.

Forgive me I've lost my mind. Over the many years my DH and I have so enjoyed the Rose Bowl Flea Market, the "grand daddy" of all flea markets, that I decided to take pictures of the trip from the Beach to Pasadena. It all started with taking out my camera to take a picture of my yarn project I decided to work on for the road, it's a crochet creation for my puppy.

My husband does not like me to knit with sharp needles in the car while he is driving in case the airbag well he may have a point. (Excuse the pun). So I try and comply and crochet or knit with very small non pointy sticks. The sun is shining and it's a beautiful day as a matter of fact it's too sunny so I put up my "old lady" sun shield. I come prepared.

Then I get fascinated with the freeway ....... and here is the pictorial trip from the beach to Pasadena Rose Bowl. I'm an old fashioned sort of Los Angelino and like to call the freeways by their name rather than the number they have been assigned.

Santa Monica Freeway East to the Harbor Freeway to the Pasadena Freeway. The Pasadena Freeway by the way is the very first freeway built in Los Angeles.
The Pasadena Freeway or Arroyo Seco Parkway is the first freeway in the U.S. state of California, connecting Los Angeles with Pasadena alongside the Arroyo Seco. It is notable not only for being the first, mostly opened in 1940, but for representing the transitional phase between early parkways and modern freeways.

























































The end.

1 comment:

Ellen Bloom said...

Nice pictorial. I almost got carsick, it was so real.

I can't believe that the bleachers are still up from the Rose Parade!?! They're usually gone by now.

I just love those old bridges!