Saturday, January 31, 2009

Hyperbolicised..... Ballerina....

My inspiration the Hyperbolic Crochet exhibit I saw a couple of weeks ago.

The Hanne Falkenberg "Ballerina" was a great fun knit but I've never really wore it as much as I thought I would. It clearly shows in the pictures that it has a really full back and shorter front but somehow I did not notice this when I bought the kit. I've talked about this before that this design is back heavy and when I have it on it constantly pulls to the back and it has no closure. I really love zipper front sweaters so I decided to alter this sweater so I would enjoy wearing it more.

I will wear it tomorrow to the "Anti-Superbowl" party and sale at Amano Yarn Center. I'll let you know what other people think.



Hanne Falkenberg Designs: Ballerina, Swinger jacket in garter stitch.

2 comments:

Ellen Bloom said...

The ruffle is adorable! I love the zipper closure too. I can't wait to see it tomorrow at the A Mano Anti-Super Bowl Party!

Katelin & Shaun said...

I was in your "finishing class" last night @ A Mano Yarn. When you showed the Ballerina sweater with a zipper I feel in love with it. Thanks again:)