Monday, December 04, 2006

Did they think I would not notice?

Because I'm a female just sometimes I have to talk about "girlie" things...

This is my favorite hair spray, so you say fine but there are two cans there. Well not too long ago they "switched" packaging so they say. First of all I was not able to find it on the shelf because it looked different and this sort of thing always confuses me.

They could have put a little note on the last old can to warn me that they are "updating" their packaging to their new logo and art work so I would not be so shocked or confused. I'm a creature of habit when I find a product that works I pretty much stay with the proven sure thing.

I know some people like to experiment but when it comes to hair spray this is an important part of my grooming procedure I stick with what worked yesterday. This hair spray holds my hair in a gentle but firm and shiny way. Now that they have the new and improved packaging oh wait the can shrank too, oh wait the price went up...

So let me sum this up, the new improved packaging is now a lesser amount for more money. Improved for whom I ask certainly not for me! It used to be 14 oz for around ten dollars and now it's 10 oz for around 12 dollars.

Did they think I wouldn't notice?

But I still buy it because I'm a sucker and a creature of habit. So the can will get smaller and smaller and the price will go up and up. That is marketing for you.

5 comments:

AR said...

Isn't that how they always do it? It bugs me, too!

Ana Petrova said...

I guess as long as we put up with it they will keep doing it.

I did call the company to complain, at least they did not improve the formula. Sometimes they "improve" the formula and change the product completely.

Anonymous said...

HA! Thanks for the heads-up! That is my brand also. This sort of thing is very irritating. Right up there with discontinuing bra styles once you find the one you like!

Anonymous said...

Crap, that's my brand too. At least now I know to look for smaller bottles and higher prices... *sigh* but it's the only stuff that works for me...

Ana Petrova said...

It's the only stuff that works on my hair too. When I use it my hair stays in place all day.