Thursday, August 04, 2005

The style of blogs....

I'm just wondering what style of blog is the most favored. I've been working on my blog and have looked at a lot of them. When the background is dark and the type is white it is really difficult for me to read more than a couple of sentences. I'm wondering if this is just me, my eyesight (not as good as it used to be) or just my personal taste. But when the background is too white the pictures don't look as well.

I guess that's why the web designers get the big bucks. There is a lot to learn and things get more complex all the time.

Also I for one enjoy blogs with lots of pictures, and if there is text I like to see short paragraphs. Again this may be my personal taste. If the paragraph goes on and on I feel like the words need more space. Of course it depends what the blogger is talking about and my interest in the subject.

I'd love to hear others opinions.

I'm not that familiar yet with how to "tweek" the templates that are offered here. Personally I would like the background just a little bit lighter that way the text would jump out better. I'm learning though little by little I'm starting to figure this out.

Quite frankly I'm not crazy about my text here I think it's too small, but I use a Macintosh system and the text appears smaller on Macs then PC. I do have the option to make the text bigger in my browser. Well maybe soon I'll figure this all out.

Happy Blogging

4 comments:

zippiknits...sometimes said...

ana, I had a light greenish yellow colored blog but changed to the darker blue because the light just was too bright for my eyes. I do agree, though, that the dark, especially black, is very hard to read. If I figure out the HTML code for the background, I will lighten it up.

Like you, I like a lot of pictures, but like the stories, too. People's thoughts about life and their experiences interest me very much. The subjects of knitting, spinning wheels, or of life with children or pets really seem joyful to read. I get vicarious grandchild adventures this way! :o)

Ana Petrova said...

Zippianna, I could tweek my pages forever it depends on my mood.

Anonymous said...

Ana, I like your page color (sage) and your type size (And I have a MAC, too, but don't know if that's relevant to viewing).

I'm so impressed that you're doing this blog. I only have one other friend who's got one (in its beginning stages); she's in my art quilt group. It seems like it would be a lot of work to keep up if you set it up chronologically like she does; like a diary. (Although, I just discovered a blog by Yarn Harlot, through a link on Knitters' Review, and I think I could read hers like a book; it's so funny!).

I love your format of having topics to choose and the interaction with your readers by requesting comments.

Ana Petrova said...

Kim,
Thank you for the kind words, and to answer your question yes it matters if you are viewing the pages with a Mac or PC. The size of fonts the colors and lots of other stuff changes.

I love my Mac.