Monday, March 04, 2013

Rusty Wings

I'm calling this project "Rusty Wings". Maybe not that original but naming projects can be an art in itself. It's another Winged Vest but in the orange & rust hues. I'm knitting this one so I can fine tune the pattern. I am determined to write this pattern for publication. I've had so many requests for it that this one may be worth while sharing. 

I write patterns of my designs but most of the time it's just for my own records. If in case I want to make another project I can refer back to my notes. That is why I started this blog, Ravelry.com was not available yet and I wanted access to my knitting notes online. I was tired of searching around for the bits of paper or notebook or napkin that I took notes on. Create a blog! Great idea!

They asked what I wanted to call my blog and AnaBanana was a nickname for obvious rhyming reasons so I went with BananaKnits. Some old friends still refer to me as "The Banana". I guess no matter how old you get certain nicknames stick. Like Shrimpie in Downton Abbey, I did not like the season ending by the way but I digress.....

Often it's just several photographs to track what I've done. I use the camera as a tool helping me to remember details. It's easier to search my iPhoto library than looking for notes on paper that I may or may not have filed in the right place.  I will photograph my progress and embed texted details. 


What yarn did I use? Where did I get it? In this case it was Etsy.com And what size needles I used. I have HiyaHiya.com interchangeable needles and have both metal and bamboo sets. (size 5) I discovered that I really like knitting with one bamboo needle and one metal needle. I'm not exactly sure why but it seems to feel better than bamboo against bamboo or metal on metal. Go figure. If it works I'm going with it.








I'

No comments: