Thursday, June 01, 2006

I got a "review"

Thank you MonkeyGurl!
http://monkeygurlknits.blogspot.com/

"........I spent the day last Saturday, just sitting and knitting at my favorite yarn store, and it was just the kick in the pants I needed. Maybe not enough to make this a daily blog, but at least something more frequent than once every 2 1/2 weeks.

So, while at Stitches, in addition to the excellent company of proprietor Brandi and my BFF@W, Jac, I had the certain fortune of meeting Anna, a very creative and inspirational character. She is a HOOT. She is how I'd like to be in a couple of years. Despite all the good and bad experiences she has lived through, she remains positive, enthusiastic, energetic, artistic and just a blast to be around. She taught me the "twisted German cast on", which I love not only for its usefulness (it's a stretchy version of the long-tail cast on), but for its inherently amusing name. Plus, she regaled us with stories about the tours she's taken, the people she's met and the class she may (or may not) teach. I'll tell you this much - if she's teachin', I'm so there.........."

I was invited to teach a class on FreeForm Knitting. I'll post the dates and places when appropriate.

Happy Knitting,
ana

No comments: