Friday, August 15, 2014

Then this Happened!

I fell and could not get up! Rushing around with two bags of groceries in each hand, not watching where I was going carefully, it happened. I tripped at my back door and went down with my right foot twisted under me! OUCH!

Talk about seeing stars! I immediately knew that I hurt something bad. Got my husband to rush to help me as I was laying on the ground. He came running and it kind of freaked him out too. I asked him to please get some ice! Ladies believe it or not he asked where we kept ice? That's a frazzled husband for you.

Sure enough after x-rays it turns out that I broke my ankle and my 5th metatarsal bone. As you see in the pictures my whole foot turned black and blue. Then I got this lovely boot. Recovery time is estimated 4 months. Which will take us into November.

The good news is I have plenty of time to knit. Here are the projects I have finished. 

I will post the details and patterns in a future blog post. 







The good news is I have plenty of time to knit. Here are the projects I have finished. 

I will post the details and patterns in a future blog post. 




2 comments:

Sweetpea said...

Ana, you are a CHAMP
and the positive outcome of all this
heinous ankle activity is your
"extracurricular" knitting enterprises ...
dang fine stuff !

Christi

Ellen Bloom said...

Okay! It's about time you got back to knitting. I do hope you heal quickly, Sweet Ana. We missed you at Guild on Saturday. I'm in LOVE with that orange pullover (pictured). Is the bottom border crocheted? What yarn did you use? What size needle? Sooooo pretty!