Monday, February 18, 2013

The Hungry Machine!

It's still happening!
How does this happen?
Why has this been going ?
Where could the socks go?

I've been carefully collecting single socks hoping that eventually the other sock will show up. But somehow they never do show up they just disappear. I've made my husband take one of the old machines apart to see if all the single socks are trapped somewhere in the "insides" of the machine. No luck at all, not one sock was found.

Store bought socks are not so painful but a pair of hand knit socks disappearing is a whole different story. Thank you for letting me vent!

My new plan is not to make matching pairs of socks but cousins and brothers. As long as the sock is made from the same weight yarn, same size and similar color or harmonizing color. I think this is the only solution.

1 comment:

koticzka said...

Careful with next white laundry!!!!! My Mom's machine kept once a black sock for itself, hiding it behind/below the cylinder. What my father did is- he BORROWED my precious, German and quite unique in Poland at those days aluminium knitting needle no 2 (European) to get it out. OK, it WAS a gift from him but then it was MINE! I kept it. As a nothing more but a souvenire!