Tuesday, January 03, 2012

On the needles


Sort of like "mindless" knitting. It started out as a little swatch for my upcoming class on design your own shawl class. But I just liked what was developing so I kept on knitting. This is a great project for a "stash buster". For all those little balls of yarn you have left over and don't know what to do with.

When I first started spinning I was not sure how much yarn I would get out of maybe 2 or 3 ounces of fiber. Then making it a 2 ply I would end up with these small amounts of wonderful yarn but did not know what to make.

Here is one solution:


2 comments:

Bishop Stone said...

what a great idea. I never know what to do with all my small handspun skeins.

Ellen Bloom said...

A lovely pattern AND a lovely combination of colors! You rock, Ana! BTW...Happy Early Birthday!!!