Thursday, August 24, 2006

What I love about Sockmaking....


- I love that you can never have too many of them, so I can just keep making them.
- I love how portable they are as a knitting project.
- I love that they are finished quickly.
- I love that I don't need that much yarn to knit a pair.
- I love that I can make up all kinds of patterns and figure out new techniques.
- I love how I never seem to get tired of making them.
- I love wearing handknit socks that fit me like a glove.
- I love how they feel.
- I love that you can gain or lose weight and your socks still fit.
- I love the colors that look good on your feet that would not look good next to your face

- I love .........

Let me know what you love about hand knitting socks?

2 comments:

Ellen Bloom said...

I must admit, Ana, that I've only knit one pair of socks in my life! I know that so many people LOVE making socks. I'll have to give it another try and see what all the fuss is about. Do you use two circular needles or double points for your socks?

Ana Petrova said...

I use the little tiny double pointed needles, they seem to work best for me. I've tried the two circulars and the magic loop but the double pointed needles seem to go fastest and easiest.

The first pair I made was kind of "all thumbs" but once I got used to it and figured out how to hold them I have not looked back since.